Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chilly Weekend...Wetter Next Week ?

After today's 75 degrees, it'll be hard to adjust to the 40s on Friday with strong north winds. The chill will leave by midday on Sunday and that is why our bodies can't adapt to this up and down temperature ride. That will change as we get into December. In the short term, lows will again be near freezing on the Northshore Saturday morning with the Southshore dipping into the 30s away from Lake P. Farther down the road, I see a pattern change that takes the East coast trough and repositions it to the West coast resulting in a southwest flow over us. That usually means a wetter pattern across most of the Gulf coast. It's rainfall that is needed after a prolonged dry spell for the past 8 weeks.

1 comment:

Bourbon St. Blues said...

I think I am getting used to the cold air...I had been putting up my Christmas lights over the weekend and while it was comfy cool on Saturday, Sunday just felt out right hot...and our high was only around 74. It felt like 80.

For some reason the cold air this year seems colder and crisper than I have ever remembered. To me it even feels colder now than our Christmas Day snow in 2004. Any truth to this Bob.

No no, I didn't overload the circuit breaker...