Sunday, December 21, 2008

Post Surgery...Week 2

I knew recovery would be slow & difficult, but I was hoping my dedication to staying fit would make me different. WRONG! Some of the easiest things we do & take for granted...like putting on socks or a belt, pulling down a zipper or buttoning a shirt or even just blowing your nose...well try it with one hand. Yep, it ain't easy Thanks to my wonderful & patient wife/nurse Brenda, I'm getting thru this, but the progress the past 2 days has not been great. I'm not complaining, especially at this time of the year, as I'm grateful for having my partner & family. For some of you, this may be your first Christmas without a loved one. My thoughts are with you for I've walked in your shoes. Stay true to your faith.

Fortunately for us, the deep upper trough has not been over the eastern states as the coldest airmass of the season is making life miserable for many up north. The core of the cold will remain to our north and the warm up will be quite dramatic by Tuesday morning. Satellite pictures show clouds holding over south LA so that shud keep us from any freezing temps. Bad news for those of you wanting cold/snow for Christmas. The upper flow will return back out of the SW stalling the next front and keeping us in the mild, muggy & foggy air for much of this week. Don't worry...Santa doesn't need snow to bring joy to the deep South.

2 comments:

Bourbon St. Blues said...

I hate that SW....in the winter it keeps the cold air from coming down and in the summer it makes it hot and dry.

Speaking of hot and dry, it is way too hot for Christmas.

Have a Merry Christmas Bob...

Bourbon St. Blues said...

ah that was SW flow...