Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rapid Warm up...next front weaker...

Without the cloud cover this afternoon, temperatures recovered well beyond my expectations. However,with clear skies and light winds, over night lows will flirt with freezing in many areas. As the deep upper trough pulls eastward, a rapid warm up begins Tuesday and continues on Wednesday before our next front arrives Thursday PM. The main energy with this system will stay to our north, but we should see some PM showers on Thursday before we clear our for the weekend.

I have been away in Colorado visiting with my 2 older sons. The oldest (Rob) celebrates 36 years on this planet on Friday so we had a nice dinner in Boulder. I've been staying with my middle son (Ryan) in Colorado Springs and I can't tell you how beautiful it is here with snow on the mountains. If ever you get a chance to visit Colorado, I highly recommend it. I'm back on FOX 8 this Wednesday...but not for long. I have rotator cuff surgery schedule for Dec. 12th and will be off the air for 3 weeks until Jan. 5th. This will be the longest time I've ever been away from TV in my 38+ years in broadcasting. I can still post on my blog, even one handed!

3 comments:

Bourbon St. Blues said...

I found it quite cold last night as brisk winds accompanied the cold crisp air...it felt great...but this morning had the winds had fallen off dramatically from yesterday.

It was nice to officially see the end of this Hurricane Season Sunday...not that we didn't already know it was over for us.
Enjoyed seeing the graphic The Picayune had showing the storms and their paths...

Its always wonderful to see family, its good for the soul. I am glad to see you got to spend some time with your sons. Happy Birthday to him.

Best wishes for a successful surgury and pray all goes well with you. Now Bob stay off those skis!

Now one question?? Who is that man in the red cap on your home page??? I could have sworn I saw him at Lakeside Mall getting his photo taken numerous times!!!!

Bourbon St. Blues said...

Oh just thought of this...when I picked up my children from school yesterday evening, they said it had rained a little between 4-5....

It got me to thinking with such dry cold air in place and a few dark clouds, could it rain? Well obviously it did, but is that typical when we get cold high pressure in place?

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on the surgery Bob. Just finishing up rotator cuff rehab myself.

Looking at the long range looks like another frigid outbreak with below freezing temps by Tuesday the 16th. Please keep us posted with the winter updates while you're off the air...we'll surely miss you!