Friday, February 27, 2009

Life Journey Often Rocky...

While another strong cold front will sweep thru by Saturday mid day bringing back sweaters and jackets, my thoughts tonight are with my wife's family . Brenda's step-Dad has passed away at the age of 82 after a long illness. Robert Olney was a giant of a man even though I only knew him for 6 years. He rose from being a salesmen at 3-M Company(Scotch tape, post-it-notes) in the late 40s to become President of 3-M Europe by the mid 70s. I respect a man who works hard to achieve, who transforms himself from being a follower to becoming a leader. Bob Olney was that type of person. He was not my Father, but I would be proud to have him as my Father. May he rest in peace as I am a better Bob for knowing this Bob.

My concern is freezing temperatures will certainly affect the Northshore Monday & Tuesday mornings, but some spots on the Southshore could reach freezing away from Lake P. Keep up on this system as it heads our way for Sat-Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condolences to you and Brenda, family and friends on your loss...

ONLYREAL said...

Im sorry to hear that...
He is in my prayers.

cheryl said...

Celebrate a wonderful life of a wonderful man...