Monday, April 6, 2009

More AGW Alarmist News...

Weatherwise, nothing has changed since yesterday. It's cold and we may approach some all time record lows. In today's Times Picayune...yet another alarmist story saying we MUST CUT CO2 emissions or we're all gonna die ! (Alright, so a paraphrase a little) Here's a web site I invite you to visit...www.co2science.org. Read some of the articles, then tell me what you think. I'm all for cutting pollution, but for the right reasons, NOT because it'll stop climate change. The Earth's climate will always be changing. The minor influences of man are overwhelmed by changes in the sun's output, Earth's orbit, volcano eruptions...things that we can't control. Enlighten us with ALL the facts. Don't alarm us with some of the facts.

It's time for the annual National Hurricane Conference. Perhaps there will be several papers given about GW & hurricanes? I'll let you know.

6 comments:

ONLYREAL said...

Who said were going to die this time? Al Gore? haha

I wonder what the alarmist will say if next winter is as brutal as this past one?

Laura said...

No, next is global cooling (we're all gonna die!") like in the 70s when I was a kid. I remember being told to enjoy my summers because we won't have them by the time you're grown up.

The part that just KILLS me is that as it turns out, people have been hyping climate change for over a century. The NY Times started it in 1895, and it's been going on ever since. This article gives examples how they switch from cooling to warming and back again every few decades. And somehow, people manage to forget.

Bourbon St. Blues said...

I loved that last line in the first article....

"This isn’t a question of science. It’s a question of whether Americans can trust what the media tell them about science."

Does that not fit to a T. Seems these days the media puts the fear of God into you. Into believing and persuading its readers in believing that eveything is doom and gloom.

I just love when these propenents of GW will say...if you drive a car you are contributing to GW, but yet here they are driving cars just like everyone else. So why doesnt it apply to those guys???

ONLYREAL said...

I heard that the GW alarmist on TWC a.k.a Dr. Heidi Cullen drives a 1999 Chevy Suburban SUV...

Laura said...

Glenn Reynolds said it first: I'll start believing climate change is a crisis when the people who say it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis. i.e. lay off hopping a private to Davos to gripe about what greedy bastids Americans are, stop living in 20k square foot houses, stop driving SUVs. Start living the way they *demand* that we live! Oh, I forgot... personal sacrifice is for the little people!!!

Bourbon St. Blues said...

Did anyone, I mean anyone leak out to Al Gore of the trees that were uprooted to make room for the I-10-Causeway Blvd, Road Improvements???

I mean less trees means more CO2 in the atmosphere...right??? and lets not forget less green space too...'cause you know there going to pave over it...

Oh my the sky is falling, the sky is falling...