Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cold Finally Will leave...

Thankfully, after 3 straight nights below freezing, the massive arctic high pressure system will release its grip on Louisiana and allow a slow warming trend to begin. Our long term normal/average high is 61 and we'll finally get back in that range by Sunday. Friday will start well below freezing rising to near 50 with lots of sunshine. Saturday will start near freezing but warm to the upper 50s with Sunday's highs 60-65. Monday could flirt with 70 before another cold front arrives. Sunday night into Tuesday we could be dealing with some areas of dense fog. This next cold front doesn't look nearly as cold as what we now have. Still it'll bring back the sweaters and jackets.

3 comments:

Nashette said...

Looking more and more like we will NOT see snow this winter here in the New Orleans area. That's alright by me. Been cold enough without snow! I'm ready to start cleaning the pool now. My fireplace has been rolling for two months now!

Joe said...

Hey Bob any chance of another cold snap like this one before winter is said and done? I was able to make 8inches of snow Wednesday night on the southshore, the kid loved it!!! All we need is a wetbulb of 28 degrees. Will it happen again?

Anonymous said...

Hey I man about 3 inches in my yard in Albany Thursday Night - fluffy snow-ball makin snow, too! I'm about to upgrade my snow machine IF there's any more cold coming down... Joe, if you have time, e-mail me and let me know what set-up you have: tshockley79@gmail.com Thanks!