Wednesday, February 2, 2011

VIPIR Says No Snow/ Ice...

Tonight's VIPIR Run is warmer than earlier and shifts the Sleet/Snow/Freezing Rain line farther to our north and west. Make no mistake, parts of our state will have some wintry weather Thursday into Friday, but it appears we'll stay all liquid except for a few sleet(ice) pellets. The heavier rains will actually arrive after dark Thursday into midday on Friday. As the Gulf Low pulls off to the NE, Saturday should see clearing skies and slightly warmer(near 50) PM temps. A little warmer(60) on Sunday before more very cold air arrives Tuesday of next week. That could bring a better chance for some white stuff here, but it's way too soon to get excited about it. Stay tuned !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

vipir might say no snow and ice, but I woke around 5:30 this morning in Albany, LA, and there is a decent glaze of ice over everything in my yard - on my bushes, my car, swing set... yuck!!! I would have much rathered the snow...

-AlbanySnowMaker

Wiley said...

ASM, I think Bob was really referring to the NOLA area. And yes, it looks nasty N and W of the city. Hope you get some white stuff..

Anonymous said...

as of 4:30pm - no white stuff - just watching the icycles get bigger on the edge of the roof, watching my bushes at work get glazed over and "heavy" looking... BUT the NWS thinks there could be some brief flurries Friday night along the I-12 corridor... I'll believe it when I see it

-ASM

Anonymous said...

I dont know about you guys, but we've been getting clobbered with accumulating ice tonight - my poor camelia bush... temps hovering around 32 most of the evening in Albany...

-ASM

Informant said...

Picayune is just getting rain. Even though it is 31 degrees, it is still falling as rain.... I'm a major snow lover, and I hope if we don't see it this time, that next week will. Be safe everyone!