Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...

On this day of Thanksgiving when our Nation stops to look around the World and appreciate all of the "stuff" most of us have, I still find too many of us getting angry/mad about the small things in life that really don't matter.  Instead we need to focus our energy on the bigger things that do matter, helping our family, helping our neighbors, giving to those less fortunate.  Every holiday I'm reminded how my family & my sons are not near me anymore.  I left my family back in Indiana many years ago for work down in the Deep South.  My sons have all moved away either for jobs or educations.  I miss those Holidays of the past, but fortunately, I have my wife for the future.  We travel now to our parents as they soon will no longer be here. Down the road we'll travel to my kids or to her brother to be near family again. What will you be doing this Thanksgiving?  I hope it's near family.

Weatherwise, we continue to be in a dry pattern that should last thru the weekend.  Cool nights and warm days until a front arrives Friday night making the weekend sunny, but cooler.  Happy Thanksgiving Gang!

1 comment:

Bourbon St. Blues said...

Hurricane Katrina was a rough time, I never knew life to be so hard and difficult. Family life was very stressful. It was then that I realized that getting mad and fighting over things was not worth it. Like you said the small things were causing so much problems.

Music brought peace in my life then and today I appreciate life so much more...and every Thanksgiving I am thankful for life and my family. My kids are such a joy to watch...going thru their teenage years...to see their achievements and watching them grow...its amazing...

So Happy Thanksgiving to all that visit Bob's blog....