Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Will It be named?

Satellite loops tonight continue to show a concentrated cluster of T-Storms east of Barbados heading to the NW.  NHC has scheduled an AF plane out of San Juan Thursday PM so we should know tomorrow whether we have our 3rd named storm of the 2014 season.  All models are indicating this system will not be a Gulf Storm, but it's far too soon to write it off.   As always I want you to monitor the weather until we know for sure whatever forms makes the northward turn.

In the short term, our weather is going to be heating up.  Look for rain chances to lower allowing temps to soar into the mid to upper 90s as an upper ridge builds right over us.   Little relief is expected until Sunday PM at the soonest.

1 comment:

Bourbon St. Blues said...

I don't think we have temps predicted in the upper 90's this summer yet...I could be wrong...I remember reading an earlier post saying the number of days of 95+ were minimal...but as you say its is summer and we must expect hot days.

This latest cluster of clouds out in the Atlantic doesn't look like much now...I like your analysis of what you think is going to happen. I saw Bruce Katz showed one model that put this in the Gulf as a hurricane, but really don't see that tonight...

Thanks Bob for your Blog...I read it all the time and is my source for weather...