Sunday, October 5, 2014

Great Weekend Feel On Full Retreat...

Wow...what a lovely weekend it was...cool nights, comfy afternoons, low humidity, sunny skies.   This is the kind of weather we deserve after enduring 5 months of summer heat.  Unfortunately, the good feel air will leave us for the next 7-10 days as low level moisture returns & temperatures climb back into the mid to upper 80s.  Rain chances appear to stay low all week so you may want to water your lawns & gardens. 

Today marks my 67th year on this Planet.   I consider myself one of those lucky few who always knew what he wanted to do & earned the credentials that allowed me to gain employment at a job that I enjoy.   While in Dayton, Ohio back in the mid 70s I met Pete Rose.  He said " he was playing the game he loved and he was getting paid lots of money to do so.   It doesn't get any better".   How true.  It has been an honor to work in Broadcasting for nearly 44 years, first in Tampa, then Dayton and since 1978 in New Orleans.   I realize the journey has to end sometime and I will not overstay my time on the air.  However, for now I'm still enjoying the "game I love". I'll see you Monday on FOX 8 at 4 PM.

4 comments:

Pompo/Webmaster said...

You can't leave the station Bob for at least another 25 yrs!!!

Deacon Jimmy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB! We enjoyed watching you all those years and hope for a few (many) more!

Bourbon St. Blues said...

Happy Birthday Bob, I hope you have a wonderful day...enjoy and celebrate!!!

It was a super weekend with lovely temps...hope the next front doesn't take too long to reach us...

Eastbybaygirl said...

happy birthday....thank you so much for posting my weather photos!
love the hurricane cuff links!
marian glaser