Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Let the Rodeo Begin...

Years ago (back in the 80s) I received a call from the late Dr. Don Peterson asking me if I liked to fish and would I be interested in coming down to Grand Isle for the Tarpon Rodeo?   I had a blast and enjoyed the stories from the late Otto Candies Sr. that I decided this was something I wanted to be involved in.  Now some 30+ years later, it’s Tarpon Rodeo time and I will again be honored to be the M.C of the awards ceremony Saturday night.   If you have the opportunity, come on by and say hello in the air conditioned pavilion on the eastern end of the island.  

 

Weatherwise, the west winds will continue on Thursday making fishing a challenge.  They will switch to the northwest on Friday and more northerly on Saturday.  That should make fishing the beach side slick and the water should clear up.   The main issue will be the heat as shower chances will stay below normal into Friday.  Saturday could see an uptick in storms as a weak frontal boundary staggers down to the Florida beaches.   Several computer models are still hinting that low pressure will try to develop over north Florida or off the Georgia coast on Saturday.  It’s something to pay attention to at this time of the year.  Stay tuned!

No comments: