Wednesday, January 13, 2016

All Hail Argus!

The Krewe of Argus tonight announced that the “Little Fella” will be their celebrity Grand Marshal for their parade on Mardi Gras day.   This is indeed an honor for me as I near retirement from Ch. 8.  All of the kind comments coming from my viewers regarding my leaving makes me feel humble & very lucky to  have such loyal fans.  Thank you New Orleans and thank you Krewe of Argus for making me your Grand Marshal.   My forecast for Mardi Gras is for NO RAIN !!!

 

Back to reality…NHC named a sub-tropical (not totally warm cored) system way out in the Atlantic Alex this afternoon.  There have been only 3 other January systems in the past 100+ years so this is unusual.  A viewer wanted to know if this might mean something for the 2016 season?  The simple answer is no.  Those other 3 season’s with January produced no tropical threats to us during the following summers.  So the answer is no, but we really don’t know that far ahead.

 

Our stretch of sunny, mild weather will end by late Thursday as a Gulf low races to our south spreading some showers over us.  All of the rain should be gone by early Friday with another system racing in for Saturday PM.  Behind that system will be much colder air with highs mainly in the 40s for Sunday & Monday.  More North Shore freezes are likely.  Stay tuned!  

1 comment:

Robear said...

I HAVE TO ASK YOU THIS QUESTION, Bob....! It looks like you *TRULY* STILL ENJOY WHAT YOU DO... SO *WHY* COMPLETELY RETIRE IF YOU STILL *TRULY* ARE ENJOYING WHAT YOU ARE DOING?!?!!?