Sunday, February 28, 2016

The end gets near...

As my countdown clock is at 4 days until retirement, this afternoon I’ll get the opportunity to say goodbye to my FOX 8 Family as they are having a reception in my honor.   Many people have asked me if I will miss work, miss doing the weather that has been such a part of my life for 45 years.  The simple answer is no.   What I will miss is the people, my co-workers who have become my friends.   They are the ones who share in my success and are a BIG part of my success.   These are people you don’t see, the directors, the producers/writers, audio engineers, camera people, the behind the scenes folk who really put the program together.   I will always be grateful to them for supporting me, enduring me & enjoying me.   Part of what I do is the feeling I get when I know I’ve made people happy.   Sure, protecting them from storms is important, but entertaining them is equally as important.  May all of you remember me for being a good storyteller, an educator, and an entertainer.   I hope you all feel like you are a happier person, a smarter person, a better person for knowing the “little Fella”!  The countdown continues and will end with a one hour special hosted by Nancy Parker this Wednesday 6-7 PM.   Tell your friends to watch. Set your DVRs to record.  It’s a fun look back on my 38 years with Ch. 8.

No comments: