Friday, October 28, 2016

Hall of Famers...

Yea I know it has been over a week since I last posted, but let’s face it…there has been nothing to talk about except the late season warmth.   However, today is different as the Saint’s welcomed 2 recently deceased members to their Hall of Fame.  Will Smith & Hokie Gajan were honored for their contributions on and off the field.   Jim Henderson gave a moving tribute with his voice breaking several times.  Hokie was Jim’s partner for many years on the radio and you could feel Jim’s love for his long time buddy.   I met Will while I was with Big Brothers/Big Sisters.   He was a very big man to me (most are!) and I found out he also had a big heart for children.   It’s always sad to say goodbye to those you know.  However,  many folks on this Planet are better off for knowing these men.   They may be gone, but they will never be forgotten.

 

Our weather has been crazy warm for the past 5-6 months.  As I have mentioned before, weather often goes from one extreme (warmth) to the other (cold).  Do not be surprised to see late November into December go very cold with some freezing temps & maybe even some snow?   Do I have your attention?   We’ll  have 7-10 warm days left before the cool down begins.   This should mean the World Series will not be dealing with any real chill.  Go Cubbies!

No comments: