Thursday, November 10, 2016

Finally Fall

It’s taken a little longer than most past years, but we are finally seeing cooler, closer to normal temperatures that require sweaters or jackets if you’re out early or late.  Frankly, I’m enjoying the change, but this is as cool as I like.  I know much colder air will arrive during the next 2-3 weeks and then we’ll have to endure 2-3 months of cold sprinkled with several warm-ish days.  The big storms on Monday really helped break our dry spell, but it looks like we will see little or no rain for the next 7-10 days.   Of course the lack of rain is not as important now compared to during the heat of summer.    I am waiting for the season’s first snow storm to develop up north and models are hinting that might happen for the northern plains by the weekend.  Of course the biggest weather/climate news is the election of Donald Trump.   I’ll have more on that in a future post.   Stay tuned!

No comments: