Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy Blue Year...

The thing I hate about Winter (worse than the cold) is the lack of sunshine.   Sometimes we will go for days without much sunshine & that makes most of us feel depressed(blue) & fatigued.   I understand you can go on line and buy a special light that you can sit under, but nothing beats a good sunny day to cheer you up.  We are in such a periods now where several waves of low pressure will produce lots of clouds, very little sunshine & according to NWS, 3-6” of rain spread out over 3 days.   That should not result in any significant flooding unless we get under some training of storms.   The first wave is moving thru tonight with a break during the day on Sunday followed by another wave late Sunday into Monday.  Models had us getting very cold for late next week, but have backed off some on that today.  Much of the northern states will endure some very cold temps, but without a big dip over the east, the core of the cold stays to our north.  Stay tuned!

 

As we say goodbye to 2016, I feel for those of you who lost loved ones this year.  Personally, it was a good year as I reached a goal that I worked 45 years to attain…RETIREMENT!   I’ve enjoyed not having the daily stress of keeping up with the weather &,  according to the many folks who I’ve met since, they agree as they say I look refreshed & YOUNGER !  Whatever, I feel blessed to be in this position and hope to have many more years of good health.   As I would say if still on-air…HAPPY NEW YEAR GANG !

2 comments:

Pompo/Webmaster said...

Happy New Year Bob and many many more years in good health playing golf and fishing for ya!

Unknown said...

Fair winds and God's favor on your 2017, Bob.