Saturday, November 18, 2017

Sweater Weather Returning...

After summer-like temperatures with high humidity today, a cold front will sweep through shortly bringing back more seasonal conditions for mid-November.   This is not an Arctic front as the core of the cold will remain well to our north and east.  This will be one of several cold fronts that will make the next 2-3 weeks feel like late Fall or early Winter.   Each one looks to be colder and colder and we will no doubt see some freezing weather across the Lake after Thanksgiving and possibly on the South Shore by early December.  I’ve switched out my summer flowers for Fall & Winter annuals to allow them to develop good root systems before the real cold arrives.   My next chore will be to find a spot for my lemon tree as it has outgrown the pot it’s in.   My nursery gurus (Pete & Buddy Perino) tell me December thru February is the time to replant any trees as the cold air makes them go dormant.   I will also get ready to trim/shear back my shrubs and flowers(azaleas, Camellias) after the real cold sets in.   When will the cold be here to stay?  Usually the cold bursts last only several days before we have a short return of warmer air.  That’s why we often call it the roller coaster ride of Winter as temperatures will often change 20-30+ degrees or more in a matter of hours.     After enduring a severe attack of knats (no see bugs) on our last fishing trip, I’m  ready to bundle up for colder air. 

 

After suffering thru another Michigan defeat this afternoon, I’m reminded it’s the play of the quarterback that usually decides the game.  I’m confident that our guy (Drew Brees) will be able to put up more points that Washington’s QB (Kirk Cousins).  Both teams really need a win so  it should be an exciting, competitive game.  We can’t lose at home if we are to go to the big ball  called Super Bowl.  Playoffs?  Playoffs?  Are you kidding me?  Too soon to look ahead.  Go Who Dats!

No comments: