Sunday, December 10, 2017

Missed the Snow...But There Could be More?

OK, I was going to post on Friday as I sat by the pool overlooking  Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta, but I didn’t want to celebrate my good fortune of being out of town (really the country) during our coldest week of the season so far.    I saw the pictures & the videos of folks enjoying the white stuff and that was good enough for me.   Now I want it to warm up again so we can get back to golfing & fishing.  However, watching David tonight explain more fronts are coming, it appears sweaters & jackets will be needed for most of this week.  The current pattern is a old one with a west coast ridge and east coast trough.  What I’m not seeing is any super cold except way up in central Canada.  However,  if this upper pattern lingers, we’re likely to see some of that Arctic chill remain over most of the east and south through Christmas.   Could that mean another opportunity for snow?  Maybe.  But we would need to see the cold build deeper into the South with a Gulf low developing spreading moisture back over the surface cold.     Way too soon to say that will happen, but Mother Nature often has a way of repeating herself.   Think how often we’ve seen back to back hurricanes?  As the song says…”I’m dreaming of a White Christmas.”  Stay tuned!

No comments: