Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Cold Air On Full Retreat...

When I went out to get my morning Advocate ( yea I'm not ready to give up and start reading an iPad), I noticed there was some frost on the roof of our car.  Kenner officially reach 38 degrees while much of the North shore dipped to freezing once again.  However, southerly winds are back bringing back warmer air and more humidity.  Today topped 60, Thursday should top 70 with Friday through Monday 75-80.   Add in much higher humidity & it will feel spring-like.  The cold will be back for the mid part of next week, but as I mentioned yesterday, the chill will not be severe, just basic late November.   I spent today uprooting all my vincas as they have become stringy and ugly.  Next week I'll get some annuals that will bring color back to my yard.  I like to give the annuals time to establish their roots before the real chill/freezes of January & February arrive.  My grapefruit tree is loaded again and the fruit is finally starting to turn from green to the typical yellow.  The longer it's on the tree, the colder the temperatures, the sweeter the fruit.  

The real chill (25 to 35 below) over Canada has modified with very few cities below zero.   California is getting another good soaking with more on the way.   Our next weather issue might come over night Friday into predawn on Saturday as a strong upper disturbance might trigger a round of strong storms.  They should be gone after daybreak so that the rest of the weekend is dry & warm.  Stay tuned!

No comments: