Sunday, November 4, 2018

Fast Moving Storms, More to Come?

Today’s showers/T-Storms were not produced by a surface cold front, but resulted in a fast moving upper disturbance that has lifted away tonight.  Rainfall totals were between 1-2” since the line of storms didn’t linger.  Most of Monday should be dry with another upper disturbance approaching late in the day.  This system will remain far to our north and SPC has shifted their bullseye for severe storm farther north too.   In fact, we might only see a weak line of showers along the tail end of the stronger storms.  The beginning of this week will feel summer-like with highs 80+ but we’ll need sweaters and heavier coats by Friday through the weekend.   The European model is hinting at a Gulf Low developing Thursday night into Friday and that would be typical for an El Nino winter season.    I’m not looking forward to this winter since I expect it to be nasty cold at times with many wet episodes.   Snow lovers may not have to venture very far to see some white stuff once into December-February.

 

One week from tonight is a Fundraiser called “Men Who Cook” supporting the Children’s Advocacy Center in Covington.  The event is at the Justice Center Parking Lot from 4-7 PM.  My Chef is from Christwood and I promise all of the cooks will have excellent food.  I don’t expect most of you to buy tickets to the event, but I thought many of you could support me in raising my goal of $3,000.  So far, only 30 folks have donated  raising $ 645  leaving me  $ 2,355 short.  So I will ask my followers again…can I have 471 of you donate $5 for me to reach my goal?   That’s all it would take and I know I have thousands of followers in many states.  Here’s the link to donate;

 

http://igfn.us/vf/MWC/team/BobBreckChristwood

 

If some of you can come to the event, it would be an honor to serve you.  Thanks.  Will keep you posted during the coming days.

No comments: