Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Spectacular Sunrise...

When I was working, I never got to see sunrise since I worked a 2-11 PM shift and rarely got to sleep before midnight.   Consequently, I was up at the crack of 8 AM, long after the sun came up.  I often showed the great sunsets during my 5 pm weathercasts, but how about sunrises?  Well, being able to fish more, I have shown you sunrises over Shell Beach, but today's was just as beautiful.

The clouds that created the beautiful colors were streaming in from the west ahead of our next weather system that will move through overnight.


This is not a strong system and we are not expecting any severe weather.  The rain should be over by the noon hour on Thursday with a nice dry stretch coming for most of this weekend.   The center of the Arctic high has shifted to the east and there is a large area of light to moderate snow from Missouri northward.   The super cold air has retreated way back up into Canada and the air that follows tomorrow's front is of Pacific (milder) origin.  




I don't see another blast of Arctic air coming for the next 7-10 days.   That super cold (35-40 below) air has retreated into northern Canada and it'll wait until the first week of February before coming back into the lower 48.   Still plenty of time to get really cold.  Stay tuned!

No comments: