Friday, February 7, 2020

More Snow Cover Equals Colder Temperatures...

It has been a fairly mild winter for most folks east of the Rockies with above normal temperatures and little snowfall.    That has changed a little this week as radar is showing lots of snow (bluer shades) across the northern states from coast to coast.  My oldest son (Rob) sent more snow pics from his house in Longmont, CO.



You can see yesterday's cold front has pushed way down into the Gulf with some thin clouds streaking at us from the west.    The bitter (40-50+ below zero) remains locked up in Alaska and northern Canada with no signs of a deep east coast trough developing during the next 7-10 days.

My house had some frost on my car and rooftops this morning with my low touching 36 degrees in Metairie.   That chill will leave us for the next 5-7 days as the pesky SW upper flow is once again expected to develop for much of next week.


You can already see the 70s in Texas and that airmass is heading our way.   The question for next week is...when will we turn rainy/stormy?   Right now I'm leaning more towards Wednesday-Thursday.    Stay tuned!   I'm off to see/hear Celine Dion tonight.

No comments: