Monday, February 24, 2020

Rain is Breaking Up...

As my oldest son (Rob) texted me several minutes ago, radar apparently is indicating the band of rain to our west is weakening/falling apart as it approaches NOLA.  As the main upper energy has lifted far to our north, the bulk of the rain across the South has shifted to our north & east with the trailing band looking weaker and weaker. 

This is great news for tonight's parades.  Let's hope the trend continues.    Tuesday's forecast hasn't changed and, if you don't mind lots of clouds, Mardi Gras should be dry with mild (65-70) temps.  The real cold arrives after dark.

Being retired, I get to see things that, when I was working, I'd miss.  This afternoon I watched the Kobe Bryant tribute in Los Angeles that was both powerful and uplifting.   His wife, Vanessa, was
incredible as were Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal and others.   Frankly, I didn't like Kobe as I was a Bulls & Celtic fan (didn't like Magic either!).   After listening to all the tributes regarding who Kobe touched both on the court and off,  I have changed my mind.    Was he perfect?  But who is?   Kobe was way more than just a great basketball player.   He became a wonderful father and husband in his later years.     He affected so many and brought joy to most.   So glad I was able to see the emotion packed tribute.  I'm sure you can find it on You-Tube.   Stay tuned!

No comments: