Monday, April 4, 2011

Back Home Again in Indiana...

I have enjoyed spending 4 days visiting my Mom in NW Indiana(Hammond) and realizing why my home is now down South. Temps were in the 40s on Friday, 50s Sat, 76 Sunday and back in the 40s today. The trees have no leaves, the grass is just starting to turn green and few,if any, flowers are blooming. The landscape still looks like winter and we're now into April. Just me, I can deal with 8 months of heat rather than 8 months of cold. Mom is doing OK dealing with her loss of sight, reduced hearing and various other ailments. I'll be back up north in July to celebrate her 87th birthday. Headline in today's local paper..."Experts consider seizing control of Earth's atmosphere". Wow, when will it end? The arrogance of man thinking he can control the climate of this planet. It doesn't take a genius to figure out making any changes to the laws of nature that have governed Earth for 5 billion plus years will likely result in some unforeseen consequences. Very smart people(climate scientists) often think they know it all, when in reality all they know is a small part of a very complex situation (Earth's Climate). Until we are ABSOLUTELY certain about the driver of climate change, we should be VERY cautious about making laws that could make life on the Planet worse not better. I'll be back on-air at Fox 8 on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Wiley said...

Glad to hear your mother is doing ok. I will also add that I agree with your perspective on climate change.. You have to follow the money.. Who loses/gains with "going green"?? The consumer always pays at the end. I think that alot of people have started to question man made global warming..