Friday, April 15, 2011

Dodged Another One...

As radar watches the last of any showers retreat from SE LA/MS, we once again were fortunate to escape the widespread severe weather that plagued many states. In fact, we didn't get enough rain to even settle the dust. Several strong storms rumbled over the North Shore, but south of the Lake we were mainly rain free. A cold front will sweep away the clouds and showers and bring us some cooler and much drier air for the weekend. It will be that good feel air we had earlier this week. Youu need to get out and enjoy it as the deeper we get into April, the less likely it will be for cold front to reach the Gulf coast. In 2-3 weeks we'll probably be flirting with 90 + and the summer heat and humidity will be here to stay. With that in mind, it's time to begin focusing on the 2011 tropical season and the potential for a hurricane threat. FOX 8 will be presenting a one hour hurricane preparedness special at the end of May. I'll be in Atlanta next week attending the National Hurricane Conference. When I return I'll update you on what I learn. My blog updates will depend on getting internet connections and my access to weather data. Enjoy this weekend and we'll talk again soon.

3 comments:

Wiley said...

Look forward to hearing about the trip..

Anonymous said...

I think you only go on those trips to find something to complain about?

Nashette said...

Well, I for one am very glad we have weathermen that keep up on all the new technologies, warning systems, etc. Makes me feel more protected weather-wise!!! Looking forward to your hurricane predictions.