Monday, November 12, 2012

80 & 90 Years Young! Happy B-Days...

This weekend I was off to Tampa to surprise my 1st boss, Roy Leep.  Roy gave me the opportunity to get into television in 1971 after 33 other stations rejected me. He was a pioneer in TV weather broadcasting & allowed me to learn & train with equipment no other TV station had.  I owe my success to many, but it began with `Roy Leep. Happy 80th Roy!   Not to be outdone, I got off the plane Sunday evening and headed to Lem McCoy's 90th B-Day party.  Lem is a retired well known local architect who's  in his 9th decade and still going strong!  I feel like a youngster at age 65!

I returned to quite a weather change as highs struggled to pass 60 after being 80 yesterday.  This will be a chilly week with highs staying in the 60s and nights in the 30s & 40s.  If you're dressed for it, it'll feel great!

No comments: