Thursday, March 28, 2013

2013 Hurricane Conference...

All week I was attending this year's National Hurricane Conference, hence that's why I haven't been on-air. The focus of many talks were on 1) better communicating the storm risks, 2) better educating the public regarding their storm risks due to their location and 3) Better personal responsibility regarding storm preparation & evacuation planning.  It was discouraging to see far fewer attendees (due to travel budget cuts) with almost no out of town media weathercasters.  Several of our local weathercasters were there, but I have always been amazed how TV Weathercasters can go on in a hurricane crisis & be an authority when then don't attend these training conferences.  I have always prided myself on getting the best credentials (AMS CBM Seal) & training so I can guide my viewers into making the right decisions for themselves and their families.  I take the title YOUR WEATHER AUTHORITY very seriously and will continue to work hard to earn your trust. I'll be back on-air on Monday.

Weatherwise, this has been a great stretch of feel good weather...if you're dressed for it.  Yea, it's been a little too chilly for me, but we all know what's coming in a few short week.  In fact, this Easter weekend will be much warmer and with warmer air comes the Gulf muggies.  We will have a chance for some showers Saturday & Sunday, but hopefully Sunday's sunrise services will be dry?  Happy Easter Ya All!

1 comment:

Pompo/Webmaster said...

Happy Easter Bob and thanks for all you do!