Thursday, March 7, 2013

March Sun Angle Finally showing up.

As we get deeper into March, chances for frost & freezes decrease as high temperatures rise more often into the 70s & 80s.  The rule of thumb is to wait until March 15th (South Shore) or March 31st (N-Shore) to start your outdoor garden.   Looking at the next 10-14 days, I don't see any real cold coming back so this weekend I will get my 2 tomato plants started in the ground.  If we do have a frost threat during the next 2-3 weeks, I'll just cover them.  Once into April, we're out of the woods regarding freezing temps.

In the short term, Friday begins a warm up that will last into Monday with highs 67-71 Friday, 72-76 on Saturday & 75-80 on Sunday.  Our next cold front arrives early Monday with some showers followed by cooler temps.  Should be a great Spring-like weekend!

FYI...I am nearing the finish line on my radiation treatments.  33 down with 10 to go. Yippee!  It hasn't been a smooth ride and I admire those who have far more serious cancers.  Positive attitude may be the best medication.

No comments: