Monday, October 20, 2014

Hanna In Gulf? Not Likely

We are now in the last 10 days of October and I cringe whenever I hear a local Weathercaster talk about a system in the Gulf we need to watch.   Can I say it again...OUR TROPICAL SEASON IS OVER!   Can we get a late season storm in the Gulf?  Absolutely, but the chances of it impacting Louisiana are NEAR ZERO.  For instance, we do have a weak disorganized circulation down over the Bay of Campeche.   NHC is giving it a 60% chance for development over the next 5 days.  But have you looked at the upper wind pattern predicted for the rest of this week?  A deep East Coast trough is expected to trigger an early season Nor'Easter that will keep a northerly flow across us and steer anything that might form over the southern Gulf towards Florida or Cuba.   It will not and can not be our problem.   So relax and enjoy this absolutely gorgeous spell of late October weather that should last through next weekend.  There are signs that a real shot of cold air will arrive during the first week of November.  Those longer Fall nights are beginning to show up in near zero temperatures across northern Canada.   I have my sweaters ready, and when necessary, I'll bring out the heavy weather gear for Winter.  You "Cold Air Freaks", get ready to enjoy your time of the year..  Once Christmas passes,  I'll be looking forward to Spring.

No comments: