Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Priorities...

Sometimes I wonder what is going on?   While going to the Audubon Park Golf Course last Friday, driving down Magazine Street was a nightmare.  Magazine is a main street into the Audubon Zoo, a World Class Zoo.   I wondered…if Ron Forman can’t get the potholes fixed, New Orleans has a problem.   Then today it saddened me to hear about another teenager killed by gun fire.   Way too much violence.   Then I hear that the Mayor is in Rome with the Pope talking about “sustainability of cities” due to climate change.   Huh?    We can fix potholes & we can reduce violence, but stop the climate from changing?   Mr. Mitch, come home and focus on the problems we can change.   Just was wondering…

 

I love the warmth of summer, but I hate the lack of systems that could provide more variety to our daily weather.   No, I don’t want a hurricane to track, but trying to predict who will get wet or how hot it will be gets old.   And to think we have at least 6-8 weeks before any significant Fall fronts start coming.  With the strongest El Nino since 97-98 going on right now,  how will that affect our Fall/Winter?   Will it begin early?  Will it be really cold?   Will it be really wet?  How about snow?   All right, the heat  is getting to me.  I hate snow.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Ebbie said...

I don't know, I think it may be an early fall. You know those little bugs you usually see when ever the seasons change. You know, they come out right before spring and then again right before fall and always seems to land all over your car? I think you call them love bugs. Well call me crazy, because I saw a couple of them today and I was thinking, that can't be right it is way too early for those. But it turns out that I am not the only one who has been seeing them. I really hope it turns out to be an early fall. I am sick of this heat.

Unknown said...

I saw this link and was turned off by the CO2 reference....and then having Chicago's own Tom Skilling write it was a little disappointing...the times I have seen him on TV I liked how he delivered the weather.... any Bob is his CO2 reference correct?

http://chicagoweathercenter.com/blog/strong-el-nino-unfolding-in-the-equatorial-pacific-lots-of-climate-change-news