Friday, August 11, 2017

Eclipse Mania...

Am I the only one nervous about this coming total eclipse?  I remember when we had one back in the 80s where we were in totality for a short period.  I was fearful of hurting my eyes, even with protective glasses, that I didn’t look up at the sun.  I knew one of Ch. 8’s photographers would aim a camera on it and I’d be able to watch it on a TV monitor.  But I’m not hearing much this time about the dangers looking at the sun can cause even with protective glasses.   Maybe it’s just me?  As I get older I get more cautious.

 

And am I the only one who wonders why schools start during the hottest part of Summer and in the heart of hurricane season?  When I was a kid, schools started the Tuesday after Labor Day.   But those were different times.  If I did something wrong & got a “detention”, my parents didn’t storm the school and tell the Principal what the teacher did wrong.  Nope, I was punished at school and again at home.  Quickly learned not to do that behavior again.  Memories!

 

99L appears to be trying to form a circulation north of Puerto Rico but T-Storms are struggling to maintain themselves.  All models recurve whatever forms well east of the U.S coastline.  There is nothing else  likely to develop anywhere during the next 7-10 days.  We continue to have a very wet and less hot summer.  Sure we still have another 3-4 weeks where highs could top 95+, but we are running out of time as the longer nights & shorter days will start the transition to Fall.   So much rain has fallen that we canceled our golf today due to wet grounds.  Stay tuned!

No comments: