Sunday, October 28, 2018

Warm End to October...

After a terrific weekend with pleasantly cool mornings and warm afternoons, the muggies are back along with that summer-like feel.  I noticed dew points are approaching 70 tonight so don’t expect to see lows in the 50s like this morning. In fact, my AC units are cranking again as I shut my windows with the higher humidity returning.    Look for highs to stay in the mid to upper 80s until a cold front arrives near daybreak on Thursday.  That time line should mean a dry Halloween for the Trick or Treaters.  Cooler & drier air will return Thursday PM into the weekend.

NHC is following Oscar, now a Cat. 1 Hurricane way out in the Atlantic.  He will never threaten any land areas as fronts block movement towards the U.S.

 

Last week I told you about a fundraiser I’m doing for the Children’s Advocacy Center in Covington 2 weeks from tonight Nov. 11th.  My goal is to raise $3,000 and , so far, I’m just short of $500.  If only 500 of you donate $5, I’ll reach that goal.  That is not asking too much from the thousands of followers of this blog.   Thank you to those who already have donated and I hope to see more help out a very worthy cause.  Check out my page to see more info about this event…Men Who Cook.

http://igfn.us/vf/MWC/team/BobBreckChristwood

No comments: