Saturday, November 10, 2018

No "Wine-ing" From Me...

As I sip on my chardonnay tonight and put on a sweater, I’m trying to get use to the chill in the air.   My arthritis has been awful and thank God for heating pads.  However, it’s not even mid-November and we have 3-4 months of this stuff.  I know you cold weather freaks are loving it, and I’m happy for you after enduring our long, hot summers.  At some point, probably next month, I’ll start to whine about the cold, but it’s far too soon to complain.   After several freezes and perhaps some freezing rain and/or snow, some of you will finally come on over to my side and realize it’s easier to handle the heat than the bitter cold.  Before the next Arctic Blast arrives Monday night, we’ll see a brief warm up early Monday where we might get into the warm air sector (70+) for several hours before the bottom drops out and we stay in the 40s on Tuesday.  Wednesday and Thursday mornings will see freezing temps on the North Shore and away from Lake P. south.  These will be light freezes, but it’s telling us to check our property to make sure we’re ready to handle the hard freezes that are sure to come during the heart of Winter.    All of us can do the simple, cheap things that will prevent expensive pipe repairs down the road.  The easiest are the faucet covers and the foam pipe insulation tubes along with some duct tape.   In my youth, I set up elaborate PVC pipes with visqueen wrap around coverings to protect my citrus trees.  Just put a 100 watt light bulb in there and that was enough warmth to prevent damage.   Now with age, I lack the ambition of my youth!

Whatever, back to my chardonnay and hope that the Saints can make it a clean sweep (Pelicans, Tulane & LSU all won today) tomorrow.   Saints 26 Bengals 17  Who Dat!

No comments: