Monday, December 24, 2018

Santa Worn Brown Shoes...

I think I already told you about my late Uncle Earl, who always dressed as our Santa Claus.  My cousin Ken noticed one Christmas Eve that Santa didn't have his usual black boots on, but instead had brown shoes.  Kenny said to watch later that evening to see who was wearing brown shoes.  Buda book, buda boom, it was Uncle Earl and that's how our fictional world of Santa ended.   I remember how I always worked on Christmas Eve as it was my job to track Santa on-air.    We didn't have radar back then so we "faked" seeing Santa on the Satellite pictures moving him around like it was real tracking.   Hey, when you're a kid you'll buy into most stuff so I tried to make it as real as possible.   I know that was a special time in my life when my children were young and waited for Christmas morning.   Some of you are enjoying Christmas with your young kids.  Don't waste it as you'll never be able to get this time back.  I'm told having grandkids over Christmas is close.  I will find out next year.   But for now, I wish those of you enjoying family, a very Merry Christmas.  I also realize there are some of you who lost loved ones this past year.  That 1st Christmas alone is really tough and I have walked in your shoes.   Stay strong and know the Creator has a purpose for us in this life.  I am still trying to figure out which road to take in my journey to the next life.   May the Peace be with you and your loved ones this Holiday season.

Most of the nation will not see a White Christmas.  Changes are coming that will mean January will turn much colder.  For us, tomorrow will be mild with Wednesday & Thursday turning warm & stormy.  We could enter a prolonged period (7-10 days) of wet ugly weather leading into the New Year.  Stay tuned!

No comments: