Sunday, May 2, 2021

Heavy Rain/Severe Threats Diminish...

We are in a Level 2 risk (slight) for severe weather today, but according to what I see on Radar and satellite views, the worse (for now) has passed and is down along the coast moving away to the east.



MSY received nearly a half inch, but many of us didn't even get that.   Satellite views show the upper low in east TX/OK lifting to the NE with clearing skies approaching us from the SW.  I do expect to see many sunny breaks this afternoon before another round of late PM storms moves through after 4-5 PM.



The front in Texas will not reach us as today's rains are triggered by an upper system.  A cold front will sweep through late Wednesday with showers & storms out ahead of it.  before then, Monday & most of Tuesday look to be warm & dry.


Seeing that we had rain coming, I spent Saturday repairing some of the damage caused by the freeze several months ago.   I replaced the flowering yellow bush in the back yard and the shrimp plants next to my house.  The "shrimp plants" ended up being too tall (go figure!) so I bought a nice red hibiscus plant to compliment my red knock out rose and my huge Crown of Thorns.  Today's rains are just perfect for newly planted flowers.  I'll update later today so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Terry G. said...

SUNDAY, MAY 2, 2021

Heavy Rain/Severe Threats Diminish...

We are in a Level 2 risk (slight) for severe weather today, but according to what I see on Radar and satellite views, the worse (for now) has passed and is down along the coast moving away to the east. Fox 8 radar says otherwise! Has line if storms moving thru at 6 pm!

Terry G. said...

Where is my fix 8 radar comment from earlier?

Webmaster said...

Hi Terry, we approve each comment to keep the blog spam free. Sometimes it is several hours before I can approve the posts.