Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mardi Gras Weather rated A-...

Even though sunshine was limited by a lingering cloud deck, I'd rate today's over all weather an A minus since we had no rain and temperatures we're comfy cool.   At this time of the year with the higher sun angle, IF we have all day sunshine, parade goers would typically end up with sunburned faces. 

Clouds kept that from happening, plus it kept temps from soaring back into the 70s like at Houston.   All in all, it was a lovely day, but changes are coming as colder air surges in for Wednesday into Friday.


I have moved my tender plants back into my "He Shed" for the next 3 days with the coldest mornings coming on Thursday & Friday.  North Shore will drop to below freezing with the South Shore staying generally in the 30s.   I am being overly cautious as my plants have done so well during this mild Winter and I don't want to lose them with Spring just around the corner.    Wednesday's highs will stay 55-60, 50-55 on Thursday and 55-60 on Friday before a warming trend sets in for the weekend.  70s return for early next week.

 
The super cold (25-30 below zero) air is retreating to northern Canada, but we still have about another 3 weeks before we can even think about planting our Spring gardens.  Stay tuned and Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments: