Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Enters With a Bang...

After spending the Christmas Holidays shoveling out my Mother-in-law's driveway outside of Philadelphia, I'm delighted to be back home where I can see the ground again! In fact, played golf yesterday in late December! We might have too much humidity at times, but we don't shovel humidity!

Quite a shock on my system to go from the teens & 20s to the 70s. At this time of the year, the warmth doesn't last and a strong cold front will arrive before daybreak with showers and some T-Storms ahead of it. The best chances for storms appear to be between 2-6 AM, but any severe storms are likely to stay well north of Lake Pontchartrain. The 1st day of the New Year looks bleak as clouds and rain are likely to linger beyond the noon hour. Sunday looks much better with sunshine and cooler and drier air. Not expecting any freezing weather on the Southshore for the next 7-10 days. Sorry you snow freaks. Trust me, that white stuff gets old in a hurry.

Hope your Holidays were great and that 2011 brings you something you can't buy...good health!
Happy New Year Gang and I'll see you on Monday on FOX 8. Go Saints ! 31-17 over Bucs.

3 comments:

Wiley said...

Good to see you back Bob.. I'm with you. No snow makes me excited. Happy new year everyone!

Pompo Bresciani said...

Thanks Bob...Happy New year to you and your family!
(I was actually wondering today after hearing of the tornado watch if you were coming back lol).

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK BOB