Thursday, January 29, 2015

How Sweet It Is !

Not sure about you, but I have been totally enjoying all of the snow video from the folks up north.   As you may know, I was born & raised in Hammond, Indiana where I thought getting cold & miserable for 4-5 months in the Winter was NORMAL.   But nooooooooo!   !st real job took me to Tampa where my first Christmas day had 82 degree warmth.   Didn’t like it then because I was use to a White Christmas.  As I have progressed from the Spring of my life thru the Summer of my life & now to the Late Fall, I really hate Winter.  Since the Winter of my life will mean I’m getting old, I really hate Winter more!   As I hit my last tee shot this morning under sunny skies and temps in the 70s, I thought about my friends up in the frozen tundra.   But not for long!   Come South Gang, if even for the 3 coldest months of the year.   How truly sweet it is!

 

In the short term, a front will bring back the sweaters and jackets for the next few days, but this is not an Arctic outbreak.  We’ll have a shower threat on Sunday and again next Wednesday.   My concern follows that system as 35-40 below zero readings are still up over Alaska waiting to come south.  The outlook for the next 12-14 days leading up to Mardi Gras looks cool to cold.  How cold  remains to be seen as the recent Blizzard forecast in the NE shows the folly of trying to predict that far in advance.  

No comments: