Thursday, December 24, 2015

Night Before Christmas

Christmas Eve was always a special night for me. We would have the big evening meal at my Grandma's (Mother's side) house and then Santa would arrive. My older cousin Ken figured out Santa was really Uncle Earl or Wally, but we didn't care. Life was simpler back then. Family, Friends & Faith. Fast forward 50+ years and what's different? Families are living hundreds of miles apart, fewer folks bother to attend church except twice a year and children friends rarely stay in touch. I feel blessed to be a part of such a childhood friendship. Brenda & her former Monroe neighbor Mandy have stayed in touch. We now share our Christmas Eve with each other and it is our new family gathering. I hope you have someone to share this special time of the year.




Sent from my iPad

No comments: