Sunday, June 16, 2019

Remembering Dad...

This my 19th Father's Day without my Pop who left us in April 2001.  He was just a regular guy who went to high school, went off to WW II, came back to work in NW Indiana, married & fathered 4 children.   Dad was involved in little league baseball as a coach and he held nothing back, encouraging his team to never give up and to go down swinging.  Most of the time his teams won and he earned my respect as a player, but more importantly, as my Dad.  Bernie was animated, funny and known as "Mr. Personality"  The apple (me) didn't fall far from the tree! For those of you who still have a living Father, try to see him as often as you can.  You never know when you'll have to say goodbye.   For my youngest son, this is his first Father's Day.  I wish him many more and thanks for making your Dad...Pops!

More storms bubbled up during daytime heating today and I expect to see even greater coverage Monday into Tuesday as an upper disturbance will enhance our usual daily probabilities.   Coverage may be less later in the week, but we will not see another front dry us out like the one last week.  The rains keep falling up north ensuring the lower Mississippi River will stay very high into July.  The Tropics show no signs of coming to life for the next 7-10 days.  Stay tuned!

No comments: