Monday, September 28, 2020

Cold Fronts Kill Tropical Disturbances...

Before I get to our first real cold front of this Fall season,  NHC is again highlighting an area in the western Caribbean for late this week that "might" see tropical development.  Why?  Take a look at today's satellite views.



Yep, there is nothing there now.  In fact, the eastern Caribbean Sea has several clusters of disorganized T-Storms.  So what's up?  Well, several computer models 5 days out try to form a tropical system that then moves into the Yucatan and into the Bay of Campeche.   Since we have several cold fronts coming with an east coast upper trough blocking any northward movement, you need not be concerned.  So back to our first front.



The air behind this first front is not bitterly cold.  It is much drier as dew points drop from today's 70+ down into the 30s (Dallas) & 40s (Shreveport) to our north & west.  That will allow our night time lows to really feel nice.

The cloud cover with the front should not linger and we should see abundant sunshine for the rest of this week with zero chances for rain as we welcome in October.  Finally, today's fishing trip was not as productive (32 trout, 3 reds) as I expected.  We had good tidal movement, an approaching front with a falling barometer & cooler water temps.  Capt. Hylton did his best trying to find the fish & we caught a lot of fish, but at least 50% were throwbacks for being too small.   But all in all it sure beats working ! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Trudy C. said...

Thanks Bob!

Pompo/Webmaster said...

Thank you very much!

JoAnn Livanos said...

Thank you so much! I have PTSD and I get so crazy about hurricanes. I read your blog. Your advise calms me and counsels me. You are doing God's work. Thank YOU BOB!


JoAnn Livanos said...

Thank you so much! I have PTSD and I get so crazy about hurricanes. I read your blog. Your advise calms me and counsels me. You are doing God's work. Thank YOU BOB!


JoAnn said...

Thank you so much! I have PTSD & I get so crazy about hurricanes. I read your blog. Your advice counsels & calms me I wait until you say you are going to close your shutters. You are doing God's work. Thank YOU BOB!