Saturday, September 26, 2020

Fall Feeling Is Coming...

After a long, hot summer, 99% of us look forward to those first Fall fronts that take away the humidity and bring cooler temps.  We know that colder air will come later, but these first fronts usually are delightful.  I saw some of you new to south LA/M complain about missing the changing of the colors that happens up north.  How do you like these pictures?


So you're right, we won't see these colors, but then again, we won't see below zero temps or snow covering the ground for 1-2 months either.



The tropical Atlantic, Caribbean & Gulf remain quiet with the only swirl I find is east of the Bahamas & north of Puerto Rico.  NHC has not mentioned it as an area to watch.  So let's look for our cold front.




Montana has dropped into the 40s & 50s and the timing on that front reaching us is just near dark on Monday.  As you can see our dew points have returned to near 70 and we'll have 2 more days of the muggies before the change arrives.  There should be a secondary surge of cool air on Thursday, but that 3rd front for next weekend doesn't look likely.


We had some showers around this morning and that cloud cluster has moved NE into MS/AL.  Winds are light with seas almost flat so all the earlier high water should have receded.  Let's hope that's it for this season.  No models have anything coming into the Gulf for the next 10-14 days.  Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Duke said...

Thanks Bob.
You are appreciated all year long, not just for Hurricane season.
Stay with us Buddy.

Barb said...

Bob I just moved to Slidell in April from SW Ohio. I have relied on your page to stay informed, and to keep my family at home informed during my first hurricane season. I do miss Fall colors, but I’ll be heading to Ohio in October for a week, so maybe I’ll get a little taste then. Thanks for all you do. I’m sure I’ll continue to check in - probably daily.

MacGuffin said...

I love the cold. In fact, the cold is the only thing I liked about where my ex was from, which is a small NW town in Ohio called Montpelier. Kinda near Defiance. The Midwest was so boring to me.

As much as I hate humidity, hurricanes, and some of the corruption and politics in this state, I'm glad I never went to live in her state. I love our culture and food too much.

I have a sister who married a guy she met in the Air Force who's from Nebraska a long time ago, and they moved there for his job, and she feels seriously deprived of Louisiana food. Even he does and misses this place because they lived here for a while and get fell in love with the food. She's always asking us to send big containers of Tony's Creole seasoning lol.

MacGuffin said...

There's this weird connection I see between Louisiana and the Midwest. I know a lot of people from the Midwest, especially Ohio; some of whom moved here, and people from here who moved there.

Don't know anyone specifically from SW Ohio, but I used to be with a girl from NW Ohio. Also know a guy who lived in New Orleans and Los Angeles who now lives in Columbu,Ohio.

LORI HIRST said...

Never give up in life they all said there is no cure for HIV VIRUS, which is a big lie I have passed through many processes. Also, I never believed there is really a cure to HIV/AIDS until I met Dr. James. The doctor that have been helping people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for HIV permanent cure online I found out about Dr. James, and to my greatest surprise Dr. James has the herbal medicine for HIV cure which I have been looking for years I explained my problems to him through the email I found on someone who testified about Dr.James herbal mix write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.James instructed me, I was very happy after 21 days I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I went for a test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy after all i have been through.you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com And He also has herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; Nephrotic Syndrome, eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, ALS, Autism,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV infections, ulcer
contact Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Bob, you keep on doing what your are doing, and boy I wish college football also played on Sunday as i no longer watch any professional sports i.e. the prima donna world. Hoping the hurricane season is done and looking forward to hopefully a few frost and possible snow flurries here over on the north shore this winter.

Frank said...

Living in chalmette, WE have developed pthd (POST TRAMATIC HURRICANE DISORDER). THANKS TO BOB BACK IN 2005 I LEFT IN TIME. NOW, EVERY SEASON MY WIFE AND I ARE BALANCING GOING OR STAYING. IT HAS ALMOST BECOME INTOLERABLE. THIS YEAR HAS BEEN ESPECIALLY HARD DUE TO MONEY CONCERNS FROM OLE COVID 19. THROUGH IT ALL BOB HAS BEEN THERE DOING HIS BEST TO KEEP US CALM, AND I FOR ONE APPRECIATE IT.