I remember when I was working on-air, I hated August into early September since (unless there was tropical activity) all you had to talk about each day was the awful heat & spotty PM storms. It was a challenge to look for something different to talk about. Now think about the NHC Hurricane Specialists, who for weeks have had a fairly boring 1st 3 months of the 2026 season. Is it no wonder they are looking for something to talk about? Here's their Tropical Weather Outlook.
Are you kidding me? Something north of 40 degrees might develop tropical characteristics (20% chance) in the next 2 days?!!! I call that almost desperate. I've been watching an upper low over Florida to see which way it might move. Right now it's still over land.
It's bringing much needed rains to Florida and south Alabama, but not to us. I'm a little surprised today's Drought Monitor update has not expanded much over the South Shore. Last week is on top.
Most of our state did see drought conditions worsen. Only our daily shower chances will bring some relief to folks, but chances look to stay below normal.
We need those storms to our east to come our way. Get rain, not so hot. No rain, you're baking. Bogalusa is 100 !
Finally, Hurricane Lala is pulling away from Hawaii, but there's more possible trouble ahead.
If it is named a Tropical Storm, the next name is Moke. Some models are hinting something might develop coming off of Africa NEXT week. Stay tuned!











No comments:
Post a Comment