Sunday, January 24, 2010

Playoffs? Playoffs? R U Kiddin' Me? Miami Baby!

In my 62+ years on this planet, there are certain things that you remember more than others. Like Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech in the late 60s. One other phrase that I'll always remeber is Richard Nixon's when he resigned. He said..." only when you've been in the deepest darkest valley do you know how glorious it is on the mountain top". We're not there yet, but tonight's Saint's win is something special for those of us who have been in those valleys with the Saints. Jackie Gleason would tell his wife..."to the Moon alice". Well the Super Bowl seemed to be that far away for previous Saint's teams. Jackie would also tell Alice ..."how sweet it is". Indeed, HOW SWEET THIS IS! Let's enjoy the next 2 weeks.

Oh, this weeks weather? A little colder...but who cares ! Go Saints !!!

4 comments:

Caveman said...

Saints 27 Vikings 24 Overtime

I think Caveman came pretty darn close to calling the game, off by just 4 little points on each score but nailed the field goal win in overtime prediction on the head.

CRAIG said...

Bob,

Who woulda thunk it that you had the magic number on your Saints jersey?

Number 31, the points the Saints scored!

For all of us who were around for that 1967 kickoff, this is indescribable. We have relatives in Chicago and they had formed Who Dat parties for the game. They were "almost" as excited as we were.

But as you know, you MUST be a true New Orleanian to feel this. Sure, it's just a game, but this has brought our community together like nothing ever will. It's effects will be felt well into the future.

Now, let's go kick another local guy's butt. We'll beat up Peyton Manning like we beat up Warner and Favre. And Archie, we know who you'll be pulling for. I hope you aren't thinking of running for mayor anytime soon.

Weather? What weather?

WHO DAT? WE DAT!

Bourbon St. Blues said...

Had the honor of meeting Bob at the Caesar Ball this Saturday Night at the Hilton. I saw him and said I have to let him know how much I respect him and enjoy him and this site. I come here for all my weather.

We had a good little football chat with the Saints and a blog and talked about the final, Bob was convinced it was going to be a low scoring games as the defenses would prevail. I thought we'd have to score in the 30's to win.

I was close I said 35-27.

What a game it was. I just felt if we could get the lead we could win...and once we got the lead we never lost it...I told my sons witth about 8 minutes left in the 4th...win or lose this has been an excellent game.

When Hartley hit that kick, I watched the endzone and the crowd went nuts. I just couldn't believe we pulled that one off. I thought for sure Farve was going to get them down the field and kick the winning fieldgoal with 3 seconds left...but that was not to be.

Afterwards we walked half way around the dome and we were giving everyone high 5's...even heading down Earhart Blvd, there were people in the streets giving people high 5's to the cars that passed by.

No guys...I never did see Bob on the dance floor after the Caeser Court Presentation...

Now Bob how is that weather going to be for the Caesar Parade, a day before the SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Bourbon St. Blues said...

And you know, we might as well state up front what the Colts stand for...

C - Count
O - On
L - Losing
T - The
S - Superbowl

Go Saints