Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Pressure of Carnival...

This is my 33rd Carnival since I moved here back in 1978 and I'm still amazed at the passion that many have for our local parades. People dedicate themselves to various Krewes lending time and money to produce a parade that delights thousands. Of course I get it when they want a forecast that keeps them dry. What I have learned through all the years is to never pull the trigger too soon on cancelling a parade. Although computer models may not paint a pretty picture, I've seen parades cancelled a day in advance only to find sunny skies at parade time.

Having said that, NWS has 70% chance for rain during the day on Friday, 90% for Friday night and 90% for Saturday. Tonight's VIPIR run is consistent with last night. VIPIR brings the front thru around noon on Saturday with most of the rain well to our east. I'm still optimistic for Saturday's parades. Friday night's parades? Not looking so good.

No comments: