Monday, August 11, 2014

August Front Coming ?

This being my 37th summer living in N.O., I do recall several times where we had a front boundary push down off the LA/MS coast.   Back in 1983, a front moved into the central Gulf & a low formed on its western end about 150 miles south of us.  This low quickly spun up into Cat. 3 Alicia and headed westward into Houston.   I'm not syaing that will happen with our next front that will stagger into the Gulf on Wednesday.   However, this is the time of year for that to happen.  The difference this year?  We have another east coast trough that should steer anything that does develop EASTWARD instead of westward.   Again, it's something to pay attention to during the next 36-48 hours.   The rest of the Tropics remain quiet although you can see an uptick in waves coming off of Africa.  The GFS morning run did develop a system that recurves well east of the Carolinas, but we know how "reliable" that model has been.   Stay tuned!

So sad about Robin Williams.  I was a huge fan.

1 comment:

weatherluver said...

I must say that i agree with you Mr Breck on both topics, The TWC always hypes weather events because i believe drama sells .You have taught me everything about the weather and so much more.I think it is so sad that such a funny ,sincere man had to die the way he did. I thank you and Robbin williams(r.i.p) for your impact on my life!! K.strong,Pass Chritsian,ms