Sunday, August 3, 2014

Remembering Mama...

14+ months ago I said goodbye to my Mom.  She was almost 89, but had little quality of life.  This past weekend my wife & I visited her Mom to celebrate Birthday # 83.  Sadly, her quality of life is limited as she is down to 81 lbs.   Which got me thinking about how many of you still have Mom & Dad?  Even if they are in good health, don't take it for granted.  If you can, visit them often...or at least stay in touch by phone or social media.   It's far easier to do now with Skype, Face Book, e-mails than in my day when it took 3-4 days to send a letter or pictures.  Enjoy them while you can.

In the 4 days I was gone, my rain gage had zero.  I saw where we had heavy storms around this PM, but coverage appeared to be only 30-40%.  The NWS discussion tonight indicates very limited upper air movement, so if a storm forms, those under it will get several inches of rain in a short period of time.  Hopefully coverage will increase this week as lawns & gardens need a drink!

Been watching Bertha from Philly.   She has really struggled to fight thru dry air & wind shear.  Doesn't look impressive on satellite loops, however, NHC is still saying she could become a hurricane later this week as she turns away from the U.S. east coast.   

2 comments:

Mellie said...

No parents left here. Yesterday made 6 years that my Mom passed and October will be 3 years that my Dad passed. My husband's parents are both deceased. It's definitely life changing having no family left.

JetfireK said...

Dear little child of GOD,
I know not if you'll be,
A little girl or a little boy,
But you'll mean a lot to me.

I happen to know your mother,
Your brother I love true,
So no matter what your sex is,
I'm sure I'll love you too!

Someday, it might amuse you,
That before you entered earth,
A poem for "YOU" was waiting,
Before "MOMMY" gave you birth.

Soon angel child when we meet,
I hope you'll remember me,
For I have grown to love you,
Before you came to be.