Tuesday, November 20, 2018

What a Difference a Week Makes...

When I last posted a week ago, we had just gone into a colder rescheme at almost perfect timing for me to leave for warmer climes.   My very good friends Mark & Ivan invited my wife & I down to their fabulous home in Puerto Vallarta to celebrate Dr. Ivan's reaching Medicare.  Sooooo...we left in 38 degree weather to arrive in PV to 85!   Mucho gusto!   What a relaxing yet exciting 5 days in Paradise.  Ivan's party was a retro disco theme (it's on Facebook) and was the most fun I have had in years.  While I was enjoying warmth, folks back here had on sweaters & jackets.   I could tell how cold it was just by seeing the water temps from Shell Beach.  They dropped from 76 to 61 in just a week.  I'm sure that has forced the fish down into the deeper holes until we get our next warm up.  That will come this weekend as we should see 70+ again for Saturday & Sunday.  Another front will chill us for Monday & Tuesday, but nothing like what will be hitting the NE & Great Lakes this week & next.  Hope none of you are going back to Boston, Detroit or Chicago?  It's total heavy Winter coat weather and we're still in November.  

As a past post mentioned, this will be an interesting Winter to watch as NOAA's outlook calls for ABOVE NORMAL weather for the South & East while WeatherBell Analytics is calling for much BELOW NORMAL.   With Northern & Eastern Canada already seeing 30-35 degree below zero temps., any dip in the upper steering over the Great Lakes will bring that chill southward.  They'll get a strong blast for Thanksgiving (Watch the folks bundled up for the Macy's Parade!) with more to follow.   Finally some rain is heading for northern California.  Let's hope it's only enough to put out all fires and not too much to start mudslides.  Yes I did see the Saint's game via satellite.  Who Dat!

No comments: