Friday, December 6, 2019

E.T. Phone Home...

One of the best things my son & his wife bought us is the "Portal" screen that the Muppets are plugging on TV.  Since Oklahoma is so far away, Portal allows me & my wife to interact with our Grandson Ethan like never before.   I eagerly await our weekly "Portal Time".  E.T. phone home!!!
 
Yesterday I mentioned the building cold over Alaska. Well, today is even colder with 40-45 degrees below zero being reported by several stations.   That chill covers much of Canada and will be plunging southward for next week. 

 
 Today's model runs are keeping the core of the cold over the Great Lakes and Northeast keeping the brutal cold away from us.

 
In fact, we have soared into the 80s ahead of our first weak front that will past through after dark.   This weekend looks to be cooler, but not drastically so.  In fact, Sunday could be right back up to near 70 with Monday warmer (77-81).  The cold shot for next week will arrive early on Tuesday and last for most of the week.  What we don't see with our current front is lots of clouds lingering behind it.  Next week's front should be different as a storm system off the west coast will move across the country creating an over-running situation for us. 

 
What we need to pay attention to for the next 2 weeks is seeing if an East Coast upper trough develops that would allow the bitter Arctic air an avenue to plunge into the lower 48.  I have all my Winter weather gear ready along with my house & yard.  Bring it on Frosty!  Stay tuned!



No comments: