Friday, January 24, 2020

My "He Shed" Use Not Done Yet...

State Farm has their "She Shed" commercial, but I have my "He Shed" that provides protection for my potted plants during the cold spells of winter.

If the forecast calls for a heard freeze, I have several 100 watt bulbs I use to keep the inside of the shed above freezing.  It's certainly more difficult to move the heavier pots as I age, but so far I can still do it.   There's plenty of super cold air up in Northern Canada and models are hinting that we'll see some of that chill plunge our way during the first & second weeks of February.


Anytime you see 50+ temps in Montana in January, you know we won't see a freeze anytime soon.   Today was as good as it gets with all day sunshine and mid 60s for highs with low humidity. The closest clouds were well north of Lake P. as an upper low slides towards the Ohio Valley.
Even though it looks clear out to our west, clouds and moisture will stream back in here for Sunday followed by yet other disturbances late Tuesday & next Friday.  
Bottom-line, fast moving systems mean we won't get real warm nor real cold for the last week of January.   Even though the sun's angle is getting higher each day, some of our coldest nights have happened during the first weeks of February.   Hang in there all you cold air freaks.   I'm pretty sure we still have several freeze threats coming.  Stay tuned!

No comments: